The Jenna Devin Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

But I Love You


 
 
Infuriating and controlling,
You scare me away, but I always come back for more.

I know I shouldn’t,
But I love you.

Maybe it’s your piercing blue eyes
That see into my soul. 
Or it’s your gorgeous smile
That lights up the world.
I’d give anything
To see your face.

There’s just something about you.
I know I shouldn’t, 
But I love you.   

My parents disapprove,
My friends dislike,
And others judge.
They just don’t understand.

And they tell me that I shouldn’t,
But I still love you.

We’re so far apart, but you’re always in my mind,
Ever so close, on the surface of every thought I have.

I don’t know a lot of things,

But I do know this:

You’re beautiful,

I miss you,

And, most of all, I love you.

 I know I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment