The Jenna Devin Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pablo Neruda's The Book of Questions

I've been reading Pablo Neruda's poetry from his book The Book of Questions. His poems are all series of questions that can't be answered. I think it's pretty amazing, so I decided to share some snippets of it with you.  :)

  • Isn't it better never than late?
  • Was it where they lost me that I finally found myself?
  • Hasn't the meadow caught fire with wild fireflies?
  • Where does the rainbow end, in your soul or on the horizon?
  • Does he who is always waiting suffer more than he who's never waited for anyone?
Here's a whole poem, one my favorites in the book so far...

When I see the sea once more
will the sea have seen or not seen me?

Why do the waves ask me
the same questions I ask them?

And why do they strike the rock
with so much wasted passion?

Don't they get tired of repeating
their declaration to the sand?

No comments:

Post a Comment