The Jenna Devin Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Perfect


 

                Letters race across the page…racing at snail speed.  Sometimes it’s easy to find the right words to convey but at other times it’s very much so not.  Right now is one of those times.  My mind isn’t blank though.  It’s more of an overload.  Writer’s block isn’t the absence of thoughts; it’s when you have just way too many thoughts and ideas that cause your mind to “block” up, so to speak.  Where do I start?  What should I say?  How will I say it?  Can I even do it?

                Writer’s block is similar to my feelings/thoughts about the future.  So many possibilities, but once again…where do I start?  What should I do?  How will I do it?  Can I do it?  Writing is like life.  Just as no one is ever a “perfect writer,” there is no “perfect person.”  Every writer/person has ups and downs in life, successes and failures, and we all constantly try again and again to perfect ourselves and what we’re doing.  Even though we aim to be perfect we’ll never truly reach it, but that’s okay.  To me the meaning/goal of life isn’t to be “perfect” at something or everything.  I believe that the real meaning/goal is to try the very best you can in all you aspire to do, to be the best person you can, and to love not only the ones you hold dear but also your enemies.  By doing this you still won’t become “the perfect person,” but you will be the perfect version of one particular individual: Yourself.  And that’s the very best, most beautiful person you could possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment