The Jenna Devin Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Proposal

        Something very exciting happened to me this past weekend, a moment I’d been waiting for my whole life…and it was everything I dreamed it would be and more.  It all started when Marshall and I went hiking at Devil’s Lake.  It was a foggy, overcast, and misty day, but that made it all the better for hiking.  It was a great workout, and when we reached the top of the bluff, I was pretty sweaty, but I felt great.  As we walked the trail, we came across a field of daisies.  Marshall led me into it and told me that there were two ways down from here.  I thought he was talking about either traversing down the cliff or taking the trail, so I immediately responded that we were taking the trail.  There was a brief moment of silence that set my heart racing.  I didn’t know why I was feeling nervous and exhilarated at the time, but somehow my heart knew what was coming because Marshall then said “…or as my wife..,” pulled a ring box out from his pocket, and got down on one knee.  

        “Will you marry me?”: words I’d dreamed of my whole life, but I could barely believe it.  It felt so surreal.  I was actually going to marry the man of my dreams.  I was going to be his wife, and he was going to be my husband.  Since my mind was exploding with exhilaration and happiness, I went on autopilot.  I did the mannerisms that pretty much all girls do when they’re proposed to: I clapped a hand to my mouth, choked out a “yes,” and wrapped Marshall into a boa constrictor-tight hug, telling him I loved him.  In retrospect, I kind of wish I would’ve paused a moment before saying “yes,” savoring the moment, but instead I said “yes” almost before he’d finished asking me, I was that excited.  I couldn’t help myself.  When you get the opportunity to marry a man as wonderful as Marshall, it’s impossible to hesitate!  And after Marshall had proposed to me and put the ring on my finger, I just couldn’t stop looking at it.  It’s so simply beautiful and unique, like a sparkly snowflake.  I couldn’t wait to share with everyone the wonderful news that I’d be marrying my prince! 

          I continue to play the moment of Marshall’s proposal over and over in my head and can’t help but smile.  It’s overwhelming to think about all the wedding planning we’ll have to do, the trials that we’ll face as we spend the rest of our lives together, and the commitment we’ll be making to each other, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  Marshall is worth any hardship I may have to go through in life.  As long as we’re together, I’ll be the happiest woman alive.  And that’s the power of true love: it makes life so much more fulfilling and wondrous and brings out the strongest feelings you’ll ever feel.        

           Saturday, August 23, 2014…  It was such a romantic, magical day that I will never forget. I love Marshall so much, and can't wait to marry him and spend the rest of forever with him.  He makes my life so happy and complete.

               




No comments:

Post a Comment