The Jenna Devin Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Lucky Star


    

     All my life I've waited for you.  My hopes and dreams designed you, and the wishes I sent to countless shooting stars created you.  But I never knew you existed, and you never knew I existed either.  I wandered alone, strong at first, bolstered up by the belief that I may find you someday soon, but days, months, years passed, and I still hadn't found you.  I'd catch glimpses of you in dreams, and though they were lovely and enchanting at the time, when I'd wake up to face reality they became soul-crushing.

     I began to lose hope.  A few times I thought I'd found you but then realized I'd been mistaken, and this eventually led me to complete hopelessness and apathy.  I realized I may never find you, that you might not even exist, and my world turned upside down.

     But then you suddenly appeared out of nowhere and turned my world right-side-up again.  You knocked me off the ground, lifting me up into the air, and my life would never be the same.  You found me, the true love I had created.  I knew without a doubt in my mind that it was you.  Sometimes when I look into your eyes I see those shooting stars flash by, the stars brimming with wishes for you to be born, the stars that created you and dropped you into my life.  I thank the stars everyday that you found me, my lucky star.

No comments:

Post a Comment