The Jenna Devin Blog

Saturday, April 20, 2013

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night


The wondrous wind woefully wails,

and a rumbling radiates the air into reverberation.

Lightning lividly lights up the sky

like legions of lightning bugs.

 

Now the clouds cluster: masses of gray that burst at the seams

into rain that rapidly races

 down

in

sheets of

gray.

 

Standing in the middle of the storm,

the thunder resonates through my body,

the wind whips my hair like waves across my face,

and the icy rain slices across my skin,

soaking my clothes and sending chills down my spine,

chills of frigidity, fright, and fascination.

 

I am mesmerized by this melee,

the madness and majesty of Mother Nature:

how something so dark and dangerous can still be

so beautiful.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment