The Jenna Devin Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Definition of LOVE

This poem was inspired by a poetry exercise I found online.  The poet is supposed to make a poem using only the words from a dictionary definition of a chosen word. My chosen word was "love." I tweaked this exercise a bit and allowed for some extra words besides just the ones used in the definition (The words from the definition are in red). Hope you enjoy! :)





The Definition of LOVE

 
My Darling, My Beloved,

I adore you.

 

This warm attraction fills me with an unselfish desire

to always be there for you.

Always I will be loyal. 

My devotion is complete.

You may be filled with sweet assurance

that I will always hold you

in admiration and tenderness.

 

Rest assured that no one else feels for you the way I do.

What I mean to say is,

I LOVE you.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment